Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Pregnancy Update: 21 Weeks and Gender Reveal

Happy New Year!! I can't believe 2017 is already here! In just 4 and half months we will be welcoming our first child in to the world!

I know it's been way too long since I last wrote a blog post, but things have been super hectic over the holidays with my sister visiting from Wyoming, as well as work and family events.

But, we received some exciting news! We are having a baby girl!!! I was ecstatic and so surprised because I was 99.9% sure that we were having a boy. Obviously, I would have been over the moon with either outcome, but the thought of having a little girl to dress up and be best friends with was even more exciting. Andrew is super happy and excited and we both can't wait to do up her nursery and buy tons of PINK EVERYTHING!

We found out the gender on December 22 at the Janeway, and then later that day we decided to go to UC Baby juuuust to be sure :) Both ultrasound technicians told us it was a girl so we took that as a sign that we were probably having a girl LOL. We waited until Christmas Day to announce it to our parents in person and to everyone else via Facebook. It was so hard to keep it in because I know they really wanted to know. For our gender reveal to our parents, we bought them each an ornament that says "It's a girl" with her due date May 2017. We wrapped it in blue tissue paper (to be extra sneaky) and put it in a little box with the ultrasound picture and blue and pink bows. We filmed them all opening the boxes and their reactions were priceless :)

On another note, we found out that we are actually further along than what we thought (by 5 extra days!). I haven't even taken a 20 week bump picture and we are actually at 21 weeks. It will be 22 weeks on Saturday, so I think I'll just forget about taking a 20 week picture (since it would't be accurate anyways!) and just post my 22 week picture in a separate blog post.

P.S. I've also been feeling her moving around for about a week now. At first, I was unsure of how it would feel and if I was even feeling it. It's hard to describe because the movements are so subtle but I guess it's almost like gas bubbles haha. After feeling it every day for a week I was certain that it was the baby moving. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to feel her move from the outside yet, but hopefully that will happen soon because I know Andrew is getting anxious (and maybe a bit jealous, lol) that he can't feel her move yet.

Here are my ultrasound pictures and I've also included Week 18 since I haven't posted it on here yet:








No comments:

Post a Comment